Explore your creative side on the Arts District campus! BCA offers high quality art instruction in an encouraging studio classroom environment. Our workshops are offered at affordable prices with class schedules for both daytime and evening/weekend students. Plus, become a BCA member and receive reduced tuition rates and other benefits.
Browse classes by medium/discipline:
- Ceramics + Woodworking
- Collage + Mixed Media
- Drawing + Painting
- Fibers + Textiles
- Metals + Glass
- Photography + New Media
- Writing + Books Arts
- Yoga + Dance + Healing Arts
Browse drop-in open studio sessions in various mediums/disciplines:
To register for classes, please call 970 453 3354 or click here to enroll online.
BCA docents are trained volunteer educators interested in leading groups through the permanent public art collection, special exhibitions and historic arts campus. Docents are an essential component of BCA’s education programs, which engage a broad spectrum of visitors, regional K-12 schools and the local community. As ambassadors for Breckenridge Creative Arts, docents lead conversation-based tours designed to inspire creative thinking and enhance our guests’ experience with an appreciation for art.
To become a BCA docent, candidates must commit to weekly training program spanning four consecutive weeks in March. Prospective docents will be educated in the public art collection, art education theory and architectural history.
Upon completion of the training program, students will be invited to apply for a position as a BCA docent, with applicants agreeing to a minimum six-month service commitment. Docent benefits include a one-year BCA membership and a modest stipend upon completion of a season of tours. Tour requirements may vary depending on your status, and BCA will work with you to match your tour preferences and availability to the needs of BCA and our visitors. Training continues bi-monthly for the duration of your service as a docent.
For more information on the docent program, please contact Becca Spiro at 970 453 3187 or email@example.com
Below you will find resources and curriculae specially crafted for BCA’s temporary exhibitions and special events. These resources include study images and themes, pre-visit activities, and more.
Click thumbnail to download resource guide.
Volunteers play an important role at Breckenridge Creative Arts by providing support and leadership for our programs, projects and activities. Comprised of people of all ages and backgrounds, our corps of volunteers work to strengthen community awareness and public appreciation for BCA, contribute to its financial strength, and provide vital support services to its staff.
BCA volunteers are used in the following positions:
- Venue Ushers + Ticket Takers
- Special Event Greeters + Ambassadors
- Street Team Marketers
- Docents + Education Dept. Interns
- Campus Studio Technicians
- Production + Installation Assistants
Becoming a volunteer makes you a part of the BCA family. Some of the other benefits include complimentary tickets to select performances and invitations to special events.
How to Apply
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities with Breckenridge Creative Arts, please contact Matthew Karukin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in boundary-pushing cultural experiences with other art-minded individuals?
Arts Off-Piste is a membership program for emerging culture enthusiasts interested in exploring art, music and other creative terrain. Members enjoy access to behind-the-scenes and after-hours programs at the Arts District and around the Breckenridge community. Exclusive events throughout the year include artist-led workshops, studio tours, social events, and more.
An education as well as a social group, Arts Off-Piste offers members the opportunity to meet and connect with like-minded peers through adventurous, creative experiences in our diverse mountain town. The program is geared towards individuals in their 20s to 40s, but membership is open to all ages.
Arts Off-Piste Benefits:
In addition to the general BCA membership benefits, Arts Off-Piste members will receive:
- Complimentary Creativity Crawl Beverage: Enjoy a complimentary beverage at Old Masonic Hall before setting out on the Crawl. Explore contemporary art galleries around town, visit boutiques offering handmade wares, and complete your night with discounted appetizers and cocktails at a local restaurant.
- Invitation to VIP party for BREW: Ideas + Creation Lab: This salon series provides thought provoking discussion for and among creative professionals with varied topics designed to engage and inspire. Part party, part conversation, this series is curated by guest artists and features local craft beverages. Arts Off-Piste members gain entry to a VIP party (prior to the main event) with drinks and appetizers.
- Advance reservations for MakeShift: This monthly makers’ night for adults features workshops with guest makers and other DIY-inspired activities on the Arts District campus. Admission is free and on a first-come first-serve basis, but Arts Off-Piste members may sign up in advance to ensure a spot.
- Private visits with guest and resident artists: Visit guest and resident artists on campus, and learn about the artistic process through a studio tour. Wine and cheese provided.
- One-year individual BCA membership: Click here for details.
- Quarterly newsletter: Specific information on upcoming events.
Annual Dues: $40
For more information or to register to be an Arts Off-Piste member, please contact Becca Spiro at 970 453 3187 or email@example.com